Friday, 15 February 2013
The official Kickstarter is now live at http://warzonegame.com/, check it out, even a pledge of £1 gets you the .pd of the rules and £19 and up gets you the awesome looking new miniatures! I'm really excited about this now the Kickstarter is live, the problem is, I can't decide which pledge level to go with.....if only I had £333 to splash on this!
Monday, 11 February 2013
I know this is a bit late, but January has been an unusually hectic month, and it's only now February is well under way, that I find I have enough time to look back and see how I've (under)performed against the targets i'd set myself.
- Complete all three Flames of War armies and my Firestorm Armada fleet to at least tabletop standard, and do not buy any more models for these armies until this is achieved. - It's good and bad news here; I haven't worked on any of these models yet, but on the plus side, I haven't bought anything new yet!
- Play a minimum of 1-2 games per month (of any wargame) - CHECK (1 game of FoW played in January, and a game of FoW and a couple of Firestorm armada lined up for February!)
- Finishing building up the Epic Space Marine force and play at least one game with it. - Plenty of the infantry based up, but otherwise, no change.
- Try using the 'Army Painter technique' to paint my Dark Angels up to TT standard ready for the Easter game. - Nearly all the models are now assembled (I'm waiting on some Terminator Arms through the post), and after that, it's time to start spraying.
- Complete enough models and obtain enough scenery to run a Force on Force campaign (Probably 'Day of the Ranger') for my gaming friends and hopefully get them into FoF. - No change here so far, though the campaign is now likely to be Vietnam (From Ambush Valley).
- Bring my Conspiracy X campaign up to date (and do so after each session) on the Obsidian Portal website. - Not yet updated.
- Run the Conspiracy X campaign a minimum of once each calendar month (as promised to the players already!). - CHECK (One session played in January)
- Finish writing the Call of Cthulhu Campaign I have been writing since last year. - No further work carried out as yet (and now i'm writing an All flesh Must Be Eaten campaign for a friend).
So, after a month, there is still some considerable work to do on the modelling side, but I've not failed any of the ongoing ones in the first month, which is a plus... Still, it's one month in, and I've already added another thing to do to my list AFMBE Campaign to write). However, I think modelling wise at least, February will be a more productive month.
Wednesday, 6 February 2013
|Mutant Chronicles - 1993|
Nations as we know them were long gone, in their place there were instead a number of Mega-corprations, each with its own specialisation, and cultural heritage; Mishima (Japanese/Oriental), Bauhaus (Germanic/Slavic), Capitol (American), Imperial (British/French) and the elusive Cybertronic, a new corporation with highly advanced cybernetic technology and somewhat dubious ways of obtaining their operatives. Conflict was rife, espionage and even open combat were commonplace between these corporations, but they had a greater battle to fight.
|Warzone - 1995|
|Doom Troopers (Genesis/SNES) - 1995|
|Doom Trooper CCG - 1994|
All this reminiscing aside, when i was recently cruising the boards over at Dakka Dakka, I read that the current licence holder, Paradox Entertainment, is releasing a new version of the miniature wargame, Warzone! It is being released on February 15th, and there's been a couple of images of the models floated so far, and they look GOOD! Personally, i'm very excited about this, and i'm impressed a company has picked this up and produced the game without going to crowdfunding, which seems to be the popular route nowadays.
If you've played any of the games listed above, i'm sure this news will excite you as well, if you haven't, then I will tentatively say, take a look at this game. If it is pulled off well it will certainly be worth your time. Mutant Chronicles/Warzone is so under-appreciated in my opinion. it has such a solid, interesting story to it, and the Warzone rules system was robust as well. This has the potential to be such a good game, and all the things i've heard so far have been positive. I can't wait.....but to bide you over, below is the official trailer.