Thursday 3 January 2013

Gaming Resolutions 2013

This year, I've decided that i'm going to make a concerted effort to get my existing wargaming and roleplaying projects caught up to date.  Since I took a 'break' from playing 40k just after last Christmas, I've gotten into several new games, and although I've hand a handful of games of each, I've spent little time actually painting the models.  The result is that I now have a veritable horde of miniatures stacked up waiting to be painted!  Although I feel i'm a competent painter, I've started collecting non-28mm scale models now, so this may turn out to be a challenge.  New models I've bought this year that need finishing are:

  • Flames of War:  British Airlanding Company and Support, Irish Guards Armoured Squadron and German Bodenstandig Grenadierkompanie.
  • Firestorm Armada:  Directorate Starter Fleet and Carrier.
  • Force on Force:  Various forces for Vietnam, Somalia and Modern Afghanistan.
This is in addition to my existing Blood Bowl teams (three), Epic Space Marine army and a new Dark Angels force i traded with a friend (Four sets of the Dark Vengeance Dark Angels) - Yes, my 40k hiatus lasted just under a year!

So, with all that in mind, my wargaming shelves are already fully loaded, and there is much work to do!  My resolutions for 2013 are as follows:

Wargaming
  1. Complete all three Flames of War armies and my Firestorm Armada fleet to at least tabletop standard, and do not buy any more models for these armies until this is achieved.
  2. Play a minimum of 1-2 games per month (of any wargame).
  3. Finishing building up the Epic Space Marine force and play at least one game with it.
  4. Try using the 'Army Painter technique' to paint my Dark Angels up to TT standard ready for the Easter game.
  5. Complete enough models and obtain enough scenery to run a Force on Force campaign (Probably 'Day of the Ranger') for my gaming friends and hopefully get them into FoF.
Roleplaying:
  1. Bring my Conspiracy X campaign up to date (and do so after each session) on the Obsidian Portal website.  
  2. Run the Conspiracy X campaign a minimum of once each calendar month (as promised to the players already!).
  3. Finish writing the Call of Cthulhu Campaign I have been writing since last year.
Now I look back, there are actually a few more than i expected, still I feel these are attainable, and I need to make up for this year, where I've managed to convince myself that moving house in January is still a legitimate reason for not getting back to the painting table by December...

No comments:

Post a Comment